Meet the Espresso Tonic: The Spritzy Summer Pick-Me-Up
Coffee and ice - its a combination that pair perfectly, and you'd be forgiven for thinking the pairings stop at iced lattes and cold brews. But there's a zingier number out there too: the espresso tonic.
Here's our go-to recipe for this lightly carbonated cup of liquid gold. Just brew up, sit back and relax.
- 60ml of espresso (we're using our house espresso Red Mountain)
- 150ml of tonic water
- A slice of orange (or any other citrus fruit)
- Make your espresso and pop aside to cool slightly.
(If you're looking for a kick, use 2 shots (60ml) or if you'd prefer a milder taste use 1 shot (30ml)).
- Fill up your favourite glass with ice
- Pour in your tonic water and leave a 1cm gap at the top.
- Slowly pour in your espresso
- Add your garnish of orange to finish!
(You can experiment with different citrus fruits for different coffees. Why not try a wedge of lemon or lime, or maybe a slice of grapefruit!)