Born in 2021, we've been on a mission to make our industry more environmentally friendly to our planet, whilst also bringing delicious and amazing coffee to like-minded people.
A Planet-first approach to Speciality Coffee
During the unprecedented times of 2020, we found ourself drinking a lot more coffee at home than usual, and started to notice the amount of plastic bags, non recyclable packaging, and lack of environmental support in the coffee industry. Thinking there must be a better way, we've founded Halvo and set out to make coffee more sustainable for everyone.
Planet and People Before Profits
We believe we should put our planet, and people before our profits. When starting out we made sure to make this a core foundation in our business. We're proud we're one of a small handful coffee roasteries in the UK to:
- Donate a minimum of 1% of our sales to 1% for The Planet
- Use plastic-free packaging for our 250g retail bags and packaging
- Planting 1 tree for every 250g retail bag, or 2 trees for every 1kg bag sold
- Donating 20p for every kilogram of green coffee we buy to World Coffee Research
- Donating 15p for every kilogram of roasted coffee sold to Project Waterfall
- Actively reducing our carbon emissions and where we can't, we'll offset these, becoming carbon neutral.
- Open and transparent about our business and operations
Inspiring Change in Our Industry
We're happy to see since we've launched, we've inspired others to change the way they do things. From switching packaging, becoming more open and transparent, or giving back to charity and our planet. We're proud to be a part of and pioneer this movement.
Become a part of Our Story
We're a small company on a big mission, and we'd love for you to join us in our journey to make coffee more sustainable for everyone. In doing so we'll send you some of the best of speciality coffee has to offer, with as little environmental impact as possible, without any compromises.